Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Trying New Things

I am truly sorry that I didn't pick up Mom's knack for cooking. It has always been a chore for me. It's not like I distain cooking, I just don't have any creativity when it comes to "what's for dinner?" I have tried multiple cookbooks and enjoy making new things. But when I stand in the meat department and look at the same offerings of ground beef and chicken tenders, I draw a blank. So when Tom suggested this weekend that I subscribe to e-mealz.com, I didn't know if I should be offended or excited.

Well, three meals in and my family is HAPPY! Tom said I was batting a thousand and that is after all four of us had to clean up the full bottle of olive oil that spilled in the cabinet 10 minutes before our casserole was ready.

We'll see how it goes from here. I do have to make some modifications to the plans each week as I don't have a microwave, blender, grill, or crock pot here. And I still have to go to the grocery store more often than in the States because a weeks worth of supplies won't fit in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment